Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Perspective...A funny thing

Ok, so I realize now that I have been dilligently reviewing several shows, 4 by my count. The latest was a bit of turning point for me, as I have decided to be a bit more honest. I think its important and to be Frank, or even Samantha...Well..actually Michael, I find it a bit more refreshing.

At this point, I have several more shows I want to review, specifically plays. The last few shows have indeed been musicals, and as much as I love them, I need a bit more perspective. A few plays in the future I am planning on reviewing:

ILove - The Boston Stage Company
Eurydice - Independent Drama Society
Black Adder II - Theatre on Fire
Book of Grace - Company One

However, I will still be looking into musicals as well. I haven't done many plays, but I want to try to see if I can get a handle on them. They are a completely different animal in many ways from the musical. Like the fierce lion on the Serenghetti...Wait...What?

Anyways, now that this theatre blog has some steam, Ill be trying my darndest to review shows as much as I can. There is a lot of theatre out in Boston, and I really have learned a lot already.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christian,

    I'm so glad you want to review Eurydice! I'm Christine Toohey, the Director of Marketing for the Independent Drama Society, and I'd love to arrange a pair of press tickets for you to see the show. We close next week so please feel free to email me at ctoohey@independentdramasociety.org to make arrangements. I also could send you a press release and production photos to post with your review.

    Thanks so much!
    Cheers,
    Christine Toohey
    Director of Marketing
    Independent Drama Society

    ReplyDelete