Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A year already? Holy beejeezuses


I still don't know where I got the name of the blog.  But hey, it sticks, right?
 That's right! One year! And a day! 

One year ago plus a day, I started this little blog. Now it has become more than what I expected.  Granted, I don't have a HUGE following, let alone any following, but I know people read it and tell me about it. That's enough for me.  I never really expected it be just what it is now; just a little something to do on the side where I can not only share my thoughts, but hear what others have to say as well, whether about my posts or the show I review. It's been a great experience.

What I have gained is a ton of perspective and a new appreciation for theatre in general. As an actor, I felt that I never really understood what it was like to truly be a patron. I have seen a lot of shows, but writing about it has been fun, challenging, frustrated and above all, freaking wonderful.  I admit, I haven't been keeping up with it lately, especially in the last few months. When I first started writing, it was 2 or 3 shows a month. Now it seems because of the craziness of my current schedule, I can really do once a month, or every few months.  I feel that needs to change, or at least, I need to make more of an effort to see a show.

I have written about 18 reviews, which is not so bad, considering how many things I have going on in my life.  I think I can double that by the fall, if I really buckle down. I read some of my early work and I have to admit, I am improving little by little in my presentation of my thoughts and views.  It's a little improvement, but it's enough to make me feel really proud of the work I put it. Yes, I realize that I am really patting myself on the back and yes, it sounds a bit self-serving, but to be honest, I never thought I would be keeping this going for a year, let alone a few months. I am just super happy that I came this far.


It's been a lot of fun doing this and I think if I make more of an effort this year, I can get back to the point where I will be going to more shows and really experience what the Boston theatre scene has to offer, big and small.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment